Chandigarh Kangaroo Chair
Klarel introduces the Chandigarh Kangaroo Chair – an embodiment of superior craftsmanship and mid-century elegance. Crafted by skilled artisans in Indonesia, this piece subtly resonates with the architectural aesthetics that once graced the Capitol Complex of Chandigarh. In this city, art and architecture were passionately woven together under the stewardship of visionary architects, including Pierre Jeanneret.
- Dimensions: Width 22.5" (57cm), Depth 31.5" (80cm), Height 29" (74cm), Seat Height 16" (42cm), Seat Depth 20.5" (52cm), Seat Width 22.5" (57cm).
- Meticulously handcrafted using local teak and hand-woven Viennese cane.
- Features a distinctive parallel Z-shaped assembly for a balanced silhouette.
- Contract Grade
- Gently bowed backrest offering ergonomic comfort.
- Crafted in Indonesia, reflecting a commitment to traditional craftsmanship and sustainable material sourcing.
Shipping & Returns
- Ships worldwide via FedEx
- Duty Paid Delivery: All international orders are delivered duty paid, with no additional charges upon delivery.
- We offer a 30-day return policy. Exceptions apply to custom and COM products. Return fees apply. Please refer to our Shipping & Returns Policy for more information.
The Chandigarh Tapestry: Artful HistoryKlarel presents the Chandigarh collection — a testament to an influential assembly of architects who, under the overarching supervision of Pierre Jeanneret, crafted pieces that embodied the uniqueness of their origin. With no original or licensed versions, these designs truly encapsulate a shared design legacy shaped by many hands and minds. Made in Italy, our collection mirrors the heritage of Chandigarh, honoring a responsible and sustainable production process.
Uncover the Story →
Craftsmanship & Design:The Chandigarh Kangaroo Chair, subtly influenced by the mid-century design ethos prevalent during Chandigarh's formative years, draws upon a legacy of aesthetic refinement. Its unique Z-shaped frame embodies the elegant simplicity that was a trademark of Chandigarh's architectural triumphs, where Pierre Jeanneret played a pivotal role. Each chair is carefully handcrafted by Indonesian artisans using local teak and Viennese cane, showcasing a commitment to superior craftsmanship and sustainability. Hand-peeled and intricately woven rattan cane contributes to its sophisticated texture, making it a quintessentially Klarel centerpiece.